This week Fleetwood Primary School was informed we were successful in achieving a Bronze level award for implementing the essential features of tier 1 School-Wide Positive Behaviour Support (SWPBS) with fidelity in 2021. Our Senior Education Improvement Leader (SEIL) Michaela Cole and Area Executive Director Deborah Harry were also notified of our school’s achievement. This achievement is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our staff, who continued to implement this program despite the challenges of 2021.
Still wondering what SWPBS is?
SWPBS is a framework that brings together school communities to develop positive, safe, supportive learning cultures.
SWPBS assists schools to improve social, emotional, behavioural and academic outcomes for children and young people.
When SWPBS is implemented well, teachers and students have more time to focus on relationships and classroom instruction. Students and staff benefit from:
- increased respectful and positive behaviour
- increased time focused on instruction
- improved social-emotional wellbeing
- positive and respectful relationships among students and staff
- increased adoption of evidence-based instructional practices
- a predictable learning environment with improved perceptions of safety and increased attendance.
The framework supports schools to identify and successfully implement evidence-based whole-school practices to enhance learning outcomes for children and young people.